The operation management of UCI consists of a registration authority taking care of overall UCI operation, a registration agency receiving contents registration and providing UCI and a registrant registering contents information. The registration authority can have multiple registration agencies by field, organization and region. The registration agency can have multiple sub-registration agencies and registrants, as necessary.
Role of Registration Authority
- Prepares close cooperative relationship with domestic and foreign organizations concerned with the identification scheme and performs standardization activities for interoperability.
- Maintains cooperation relationship with concerned organizations for diffusion of UCI scheme
- Develops and spreads the system to efficiently operate UCI.
- Selects registration agencies and monitors the status of stable job performance of the registration agencies
- Proxy job for a certain period of time, in case a registration agency does not properly carry out its job.
- Provides consulting service when a registration agency develops its own business model
- Operates registration agency to meet specific demand of registrants
- To identify the status of UCI-applied contents, identification metadata of all the contents registered with a registration agency is managed.
Role of Registration Agency
- Provides UCI to the concerned contents, if a registrant registers contents to receive UCI.
- Manages identification metadata and application profile registered by a registrant and sends the identification metadata to the registration authority.
- Makes registrants manage their contents information registered with the registration agency.
- Creates a variety of business models
- Assures metadata registration-related service quality through continuous validity of UCI and appropriate contents
- Provides multiple resolutions function.
The sub-registration agency has the same functions as the registration agency, except that it is impossible to have its own sub agency.
Individuals or organizations that register contents with the registration agency to receive UCI. They register or conduct proxy job for registration of the contents.
Selection of Registration Agency and Registrant
Selection Procedure of a Registration Agency
- An organization wishing to be a registration agency submits an application in line with the form provided by the registration authority.
- The registration authority deliberates and decides its selection within a month upon receiving the application.
- The registration authority notifies the applicant of the result and enters into an agreement
- The applicant who was not selected as a registration agency can request re-deliberation within 6 months upon receiving the result notification.
Criteria for Selection of Registration Agency
- Should be a corporation.
- Should be in business at least five years since its establishment
- Financial soundness of the corporation should be maintained for the past three years
- Should technical personnel having professional knowledge as well as hardware, and five UCI-only personnel should be equipped with
- Should currently perform business related to digital contents
Sub-Registration Agency and Registrant
A registration agency should select a sub-registration agency in accordance with the selection procedure and criteria of registration agency presented by the registration authority; however, guidelines set by the registration agency can be applied depending on situations.
Contents Registration Procedure
Contents Registration Procedure
- A registrant registers its own contents with registration agency by inputting identification metadata/application profile of the contents.
- The registrant needs to choose if he/she wants to be provided random UCI or specific UCI. If the latter is chosen, desired UCI needs to be entered.
- When the registrant enters UCI to receive specific UCI, the registration agency reviews if the inputted UCI is duplication.
- The registration agency provides unique UCI to the registered contents.
- The registration agency sends identification metadata of the metadata registered by the registrant to the registration authority
Contents Using Procedure Utilizing UCI
- A user searches contents to use through an application system
- An application system provides search result and UCI Info to the user.
- The user requests UCI resolution to the registration authority by clicking or so.
- The central system requests concerned resolution Info to the appropriate registration system by analyzing prefix code of UCI.
- The registration system sends the resolution Info by searching the resolution Info such as URL of UCI to the central system.
- The central system provides the resolution Info received from the registration agency to the user.
- The user has an access to the contents held by the registrant through resolution Info.
- The registrant provides the contents corresponding to the resolution Info to the user.