UCI system consists of a central system, registration and management system and digital contents link system. The Central system is in charge of registration agency, identification metadata and 1st resolution service. The registration and management system takes care of sub registration agency, registrant management, metadata management and 2nd resolution service (Including 3rd resolution service). The digital contents link system (Hereinafter UCL) supports reference and possible linkage between digital contents through UCI link by providing search function of the digital contents registered through UCL Client. The overall system architecture is as follows
Change of Registration Agency Information
Additional central system for registration service and resolution service domain information consist of the following functions. The major changes in V 2.0 are as follow
Change of 1st Resolution Server
- Change from demon mode to general Web server mode
- Memory (Hash Table) Mgt of 2nd resolution server information
- 1st resolution results change to 2nd resolution server location information from URL information
- Security token processing routine is added for illegal session prevention
Resolution Server Monitoring
Conduct overall monitoring of 1st and 2nd resolution servers and notify the results
Identification Data and Code Management
- Classification elements and sub-elements are added.
- Standard codes managed by the registration authority (ContributorRole is added) are added
Receiving functions of resolution completion log and security token are added in addition to identification metadata
Statistics function is added according to classification elements and sub-elements
Registration and Management System
Change of Sub-Registration Agency/Registrant
Addition of registration service and resolution service domai
Change of 2nd Resolution Server
- Change from demon mode to general Web server mode
- For 2nd resolution results, XML information is added in addition to URL
- Security token processing routine is added for prevention of illegal session
Resolution User Management
New membership possible
Metadata and Code Management
Extend and reconfigure the standard codes managed by the registration authority
Resolution completion log and security token receipt are added as well as identification metadata
Reorganization of statistics and management function according to changed configuration
The sub-registration management system is the system to provide UCI and 3rd resolution service. All the functions have the same scheme as the registration and management system.
Contents Registration Procedure
- An individual or an organization that wants to be a registrant should obtain registrant qualification and register registrant information with the registration and management system.
- When a registrant registers resources with the registration system, UCI is provided. If you want any specific UCI to be provided, enter desired UCI, otherwise, you can be provided random UCI. When a registrant enters a specific UCI, the registration system checks the status of duplicity, and thus uniqueness of registered resource is guaranteed
- The registration system sends identification metadata of registered resources to the central system and the central system manages identification data of all the resources of various registration systems.
Contents Using Procedure Utilizing UCI
- When a user searches resources through various UCI-applied services, UCI information is provided to the search resource information.
- The user requests UCI resolution to the 1st resolution server at the central system by clicking on UCI.
- In the case of 1st resolution, resolution request information is redirected to the 2nd resolution server at the registration agency that manages the appropriate UCI.
- If 3rd resolution server exists, the 2nd resolution server delivers resolution request information to the 3rd resolution server, otherwise, the URL or metadata is provided to the user.
- When the resolution result of UCI is URL, that is one result value, a user can approach the concerned URL, and if the result value is multiple, a user chooses one URL among several URLs. In the case of UCI resolution result is XML, the resource information is provided in the format of XML.
UCI Resolution Service
What is UCI resolution service? This is to provide resolution information such as URL which is applied to specific URL.
1st resolution service provides location information of 2nd resolution server, after the 1st resolution server receiving initial UCI resolution request from a user through HTTP. The 2nd resolution service provides the location information of the 3rd resolution server, when it exists, after the 2nd resolution server receives UCI resolution request from the user, otherwise, the 2nd resolution service provides URL or XML information.
- 1st resolution server receives initial UCI resolution request through Web server. When the Web server receives the URL such as http://uci.or.kr/G100:101-123 through HTTP, appropriate URL is delivered to the 1st resolution server.
- 1st resolution server analyzes URL information, obtains prefix of UCI and checks the service status of registration agency, then provides 2nd resolution server information and security token. The resolution result at the HTTP consists of 3XX HTTP status codes and location response.
- The client that receives 2nd resolution server to conduct UCI resolution is automatically connected to the 2nd resolution server by redirection. The 2nd resolution server receives 2nd resolution value through the Web server.
- The 2nd resolution server analyzes URL information, extracts UCI information, checks user's approach right and provides appropriate URL or XML information.
- Finally, the client receives UCI resolution result.
UCI resolution system provides multiple URLs or metadata resolution on the input of one UCI, which is called multiple resolutions. Through such UCI multiple resolutions, a user can optionally use various resource information connected to UCI.